Music is a vital part of the worship at Holy Trinity Church. The Director of Music is David Ogden, assisted by Organist Richard Johnson.
Music for your wedding
Concerts and recitals
The Girls' and Boys' Choir is for children aged from 7 years, offering musical, vocal and religious education following the Royal School of Church Music's Voice for Life Scheme.
The choir is open to children from the parish, local schools and wider community, and rehearse on Tuesdays from from 6pm until 7.15pm at the church. The Girls' and Boys' Choir is supported by adult soprano and alto singers both in helping to run and administrate the choir, and providing vocal support.
• Get a fantastic musical education led by the professional team of musicians at Westbury-on-Trym Parish Church
• Follow Royal School of Church Music’s Voice for Life scheme, earning medals and ribbons as you learn more
• Get paid to sing at weddings and Sunday services
• Learn skills that will give life-long enjoyment as a singer in choirs and choral societies
• Contribute to the worship at church and benefit from religious instruction
• Run under Safe and Sound Child Protection guidelines - leaders fully CRB checked
• Choir robes, music and folders provided
For information about joining, contact David Ogden on 01275 373981 or speak to him after a 10am Sunday morning service.
The Men’s Choir rehearses on Tuesday evenings from 6 until 7pm and sings with the Girls’ and Boys’ Choirs at Sunday morning Eucharist, and Evensong services (often lower voices only, without a treble line) during term time.
The Trinity Singers is a mixed adult four-part choir which sings Evensong on special occasions, and on occasional special services such as Good Friday. Singers must be experienced, good sight readers and are auditioned – if you would like to know more, please contact David.
Westbury-on-Trym Choral Group provides opportunities for singers of a wide range of ages and abilities to sing at special occasions throughout the year, including the Advent Carol Service and the Service of Nine Lessons and Carols. No audition is required.
To find out more about how the choirs, level of commitment, and how to join, contact David Ogden on 01275 373981.
As with all the church’s activities, the children’s choirs are run under the Church of England’s Safe and Sound guidelines, and the staff are CRB checked.